Food and Fun Friday - Apple and Banana Breads!

 So I went a bit 'fruity' this week and made three loaves of fruit-based breads.

















I had some bananas which needed some 'love' and Texter was wanting some banana bread. And the apples from the trip to the apple orchard the week before. 





The picture above does not show the glaze on one of the loaves of bread. 

The banana bread recipe I used is from Simply Recipes. A quick and easy recipe and turns out really well. 

Apple Bread Number 1 (top left) is from Once Upon a Chef - Cinnamon Swirl Apple Bread. My only issue with the recipe is ME! I added way more apple than the recipe called for and my dice was a bit 'chunky'. Therefore, slicing the bread was more of breaking a chunk off. But very good.

The loaf on the bottom left is Dutch Apple Bread from Butter With A Side of Bread. Also, I overloaded the apples required, but it is layer upon layer of goodness.


Some of the apple bread made it out to the porch for 'breakfast' the next morning. And the banana bread made it to Texter's. Lady K gave it a 'thumbs up' as she chowed down on a piece on the ride from her dad's back home. 

Today is Candied Ginger day. Maybe. I'm hoping. In between going for my final post surgery check and taking Lady K back to her dad's again, it might be tight. 








Comments

Popular Posts