Seedy Saturday - Rainy Days and Saturday Make Me Happy

 I'm winding down my leave from my surgery. I had my last post-op check-up yesterday in order to go back to work a week early. I need my ROUTINE!

Anyway, I have done most of what I want to do in the garden for fall. It's been pleasantly warm all week, but rain is here for the weekend. Hopefully, I will stay indoors and get some writing prep for NaNoWriMo done.

However in the garden...









































My bird feeder has been 'discovered'. The chickadee was first and then by a gray catbird (I think). I have also seen a cardinal flying off. I know there is a pair of cardinals in or near our yard, so that's not unexpected. 

I need to set up the bracing for the pole as this feeder is pretty heavy when filled. I also want to get suet and replace the hummingbird feeder for the winter.


The water garden has been spraying away in the sunshine all week. I have clipped some of the leaves back which are getting a bit tattered. It gives more water area exposed to sun which is nice these days and not overly hot.


My pot of ginger is going strong. I divided it up a bit, moving some to another pot and saved some of use in the kitchen. Today is going to be 'candied ginger' day. The ginger won't be mine, I bought a pound at the grocery store. Savvy and I enjoy nibbling on candied ginger for the stomach and I will save the syrup to use in tea. With winter coming on, a cup of hot tea with ginger syrup for sweetening would be fantastic.


I've moved some pots around and planted some lettuces in the pots. Hopefully, I will get a harvest or two off of them before it gets too cold. And my green beans are coming along. Fingers crossed they will set beans. 

My lantana, which I had 'hidden' for most of the summer, thrived and are covered in flowers now. My pineapple sage is flowering too. 

Things are slowing down a bit in the garden, which is to be expected. 

Now to enjoy the rain today. 






Comments

Popular Posts