Positive Focus Sunday - Afghans and Fabric!

 One 'good' thing which happened during my forced rest and relaxation of post-surgery recuperation is that I finished 3 afghans.

The first one was given to a co-worker.


It was was fairly quick crochet made with two-strands of Caron 'Cakes' held together. The pattern is simple, just alternating two stitches, which was all I could handle during the first part of my time off. I really love how it turned out and the good thing is I have more of the two different color ways, so there might be another one being made soon.

Then, once my brain was a little less foggy, I finished up a knitted afghan I had already started for Texter.


It is knitted with 4 skeins Michael's Craft Store brand of jumbo yarn. Which means it's soft and squishy. Texter has it in her hands now and her only comment was it needed to be bigger. For my taste, it does need to be bigger, but they don't carry this yarn any longer. It is what it is!

Knitting takes longer than crocheting, so when I got to Lady K's blanket of the same yarn, I crocheted it with a very simple pattern.


I finished it up Friday night and I will give it to Lady K when I pick her up on Sunday from her dad. 

All of these blankets where made while watching Hercule Poirot on Acorn TV. And since I still have episodes yet to watch, there will be more yarn-work being done.

This past week I was fortunate enough to be gifted 6 large trash bags filled with fabric. 

























The person who gifted me the fabric made a lot of bags and totes, so most of the fabric was canvas or heavier fabric pieces. There were some bits and pieces (3 trash bags full) of trim, flannel and cottons I can use in the future. I am loving having some large pieces of flannel for a design wall when I get my own home.

And I am patting myself on the back as I didn't hoard it all. The remainder (3 large trash bags and about 2 dozen buckets of trim pieces) when to Goodwill for someone else to love.

I was also released to go back to work a week early. I cleared my physical with flying colors, but cautioned to still take it easy. So I have another week to get some of the things I want to get done on my to-do list finished up. 

So back to writing!

Comments

Popular Posts