Food and Fun Friday - Some New 'Stuff'

 Today is my day off and I have plans to do some cooking since Savvy is off too. This way we can have a 'nice' meal and then have leftovers for the coming week. I am still dragging after 8 hours on my feet at work. Going from maybe 2000 steps a day for the past six weeks to over 8000 steps a day...what can I say!

Anyway...


One of Lady K's 'circled' gifts was on sale, so I went ahead and made my first Christmas present purchase. Now I have to find a place to store it for two months. 

During my recent trip to Ikea (which you will read about on Saturday) I picked up this little cutie.


I now have a French Press. And I am using it to make this...


I have been seeing for months ads for Crio Bru. It's ground cacao. And I love chocolate! So I ordered some. Texter beat me to ordering some, but we both enjoy it. It is definitely different from drinking hot chocolate. But I am interested in the 'energy' and ' no-caffeine' aspect of it, so we will see. But I love creating a cup full with my little French press.

Of course, I haven't given up on 'traditional' hot chocolate. You know, those packets of pre-made hot chocolate.


And how could I not bring a box of Swiss Miss Hot Chocolate with Lucky Charms? 

But today will also be spent making some cookies and cleaning the pantry out. I have to clean because my container of oatmeal got turned over and spilled. Sigh...

However, it does need to be reorganized now anyway.

Plus there will be some pumpkin carving done. Hopefully.


In my 'down' times, there will be some video watching and crocheting. I am making Lady K an afghan to give to her father's girlfriend and her daughter who live with him. They all curl up on the couch and watch movies together, so I wanted her to have something to give them at Christmas.

But my time will be limited in November, so finger's crossed I can get it done. NaNoWriMo starts on Sunday!










Comments

Popular Posts