Food and Fun Friday - It's Sears versus Amazon!

 It's that time of the year again!

Actually, walking through Michael's Craft Store and Lowe's, I am a bit behind the Christmas game.

It's 'WISH BOOK' Time!



I grew up with the Sears Wish Book. Every fall, this huge catalog was dropped on our front porch, much like a phone book. Note - there are people out there who have never received a phone book or a wish book! 

Anyway...

The Sears Wish Book was filled with clothes, tools, furniture, and best of all TOYS! Page after page of toys. I would circle items I wanted.

However, the Sears Wish Book is no longer a thing. And while I, or my parents, rarely shopped at Sears, it was still a big clue the holidays were on their way. 

This year something fun came in the mail...


I can't think of anyone who really is aware of and/or has not used Amazon in the recent years. Especially during covid-19. But this little book was pulled out of my mailbox.

And it is filled with nothing but toys!

What I really like is there are game pages and stickers. Perfect for Lady K and her weekend visit.


Like most grandparents (or parents), I am a bit clueless when it comes to toys Lady K is interested in currently. This is going to give me a starting point when it comes to Christmas purchases.

When she arrived, I handed over the book. It's instinctive! She immediately started circling toys she was interested in and I got a whole conversation, mainly one-sided, about what she was circling.










I now have a good starting point with what Lady K is interested in. I have things to look out for as to be on sale in the coming months. Amazon has created a great marketing promotion to get us all hooked into buying our holiday presents from them. I imagine 'Cyber Monday' is going to be crazy this year.

But part of me is sad there isn't a Sears Wish Book on my front porch anymore.




Comments

Popular Posts