Seedy Saturday - Garden Notebook Set-Up

 Last weekend was a rainy weekend. Which was good, as it had been awhile since we had any rain. Plus, being mid-October, while the weather is still mild and I have lettuce planted, the garden is basically winding down.

So one of the things I had on my 'to-do' list was a Garden Journal. I had a little notebook I used this past summer, which is a hot mess of jumbled notes. But I wanted something I could refer back to and set up future items in. 

Therefore...


I had this binder which wasn't being used. It has flowers on it! Garden Journal!

I also had a couple of sets of index tabs which were in a pile to be used for something else (which isn't set up yet). So they were added to the binder along with some blank pages and some regular notebook paper.


Right now my sections are as follows:
  • 2021 Garden
  • To-Do
  • Inventory
  • Wants/Needs
  • Resources
  • Expenses
  • Notes

There are also a couple of dividers with pockets for things like last year's garden notes. I also pulled out some notes I had made from books I have read, listing plants I want to buy.


This note will cover both indoor and outdoor gardening. 

Now, Miss Oklahoma (now in Montana) is also wanting to set up a notebook. And based on her beautiful, picture perfect garden area and yard, her notebook will be amazing! However, mine will definitely have that 'used' look. 

I already have a few sticky notes in my daily planner about ordering garlic (asap since I want elephant garlic), potatoes (soon) and seed catalogs I want to order. 

Now I am ready to start my 2021 garden!






Comments

Popular Posts