Seedy Saturday - I Had No 'Ikea'!

 I will NEVER be considered a trend-setter, influencer or the like. I am usually about 10 years behind a trend. Or in this case about 6 months behind. And I only stumbled across it on YouTube.

It seems IKEA has a line of glass cabinets which work well for plants!


Yep!

Yet another reason for a visit and walk-around Ikea with Texter and Lady K a couple of weeks ago. Texter was wanting a storage unit for Lady K's toys (i.e. Lego's) and I wanted to see these cabinets in person. I like to touch and poke in person if I can.

The end one is the one I first saw in videos on YouTube. Just search IKEA plant cabinets on YouTube and you will have hours of set-up videos.

Anyway...






































I like these smaller cabinets and they are metal rather than wood framed.

These are not set up for plants. The videos show adding lights (drill holes in the floor of the cabinet for the cords) and little fans for air circulation. But I am in love with these. 

























Plus, I saw these used in another video...


Wouldn't these be great in the kitchen with herbs! Or along a wall, several of them, with succulents or trailing plants? Oh, the possibilities are endless.

So once I get in my 'forever home' there will be some Ikea-ing going on! 

Plus in their new 2021 catalog (digital at this time), there is a shelf unit (not enclosed) for $9.99 and it has a cover you can put over it and turn it into a mini-greenhouse type shelf. I can't wait!

I definitely have an 'IKEA' in mind!

Comments

Popular Posts