Whatever Thursday - Encyclopedia of Me - Minding My P's and Q's


Peaches and Preserving


I can't remember a time I didn't have both peaches and preserving in my life. I remember picking peaches off my grandfather's trees and him slicing them up for me with the same pocket knife he used to cut a hunk of Bull Durham chewing tobacco with.

And we always made our own preserves - with just about any fruit. And we canned too, mainly tomatoes and green beans. It's something I thought everyone did growing up. And I still do it. Don't know that my daughters will carry it on, but maybe Lady K. But she doesn't like peaches.

Planning


I plan and love planners. It's what I do to save what little sanity I have. Take away my planner and I would probably have a full-blown panic (another p) attack. They are my life.

Quilting


My mother sewed clothes for years for me. However, I really never liked sewing clothes. I came into quilting in the mid-1980's, when it was still basically done by hand - if you were truly quilting. I dropped it for cross stitch and came back to in in recent years. And love it. Plus the fabric out there now for quilting is wonderful - too much wonderful at times! 


 

Comments

Popular Posts