Food and Fiber Friday - Two Projects!

In between the venison, spaghetti and meatballs, turkey and dumplings, 2022 planning, I have been making a tiny bit of progress on a couple of knitting and crochet projects. Actually, it's one knitting and one crochet.




This is my sweater based on the Cocoknits method of creating sweaters. I am making the Emma cardigan, but without pockets. I am using Mountain Colors yarn I purchased back in Montana for a circular sweater which I started and then stopped. 

So I had unwound the sweater in progress and when this class came up I decided to use the yarn for this sweater. So far I am really enjoying the process. It has been fairly quick. I'm on the sleeves now, mainly because I want to get the sleeves done so I could judge the amount of yarn left and how long I could make the sweater.

The crochet project is an Owl Shawl from Cottontail and Whiskers. While the 100 pages of pattern instructions seem overwhelming, it's really nice as there are detailed pictures for the steps involved. 


Photo from Bea King - Cottontail and Whiskers






I have the first row of feathers made and have started on row 2. It's actually pretty easy and the instructions are very detailed and well illustrated. 

However, we will not talk about the TONS of projects I have sitting there to work on. But I so want to get things done and out into the world to be used.

Comments

Popular Posts