Hot Sunday


It's hot and humid....not my kind of weather at all, so I am staying indoors and cranking the ceiling fans up.


Little Bear has started an Alphabet Along for the summer. Each week do something that has to do with those letters of the alphabet. So I am playing along, and starting early, it actually starts tomorrow.


So for "A" - Artist Trading Cards. I am getting more and more into them and love them. This is one I just did for the "Summer" theme for a swap at Artists' Oasis.
And "B" - Nana's BBQ in the crockpot. This is my grandmother's way of fixing pork BBQ in the crockpot. I can fix it and not heat up the kitchen. Very simple. Put a pork butt in the crockpot. Rub down with pepper, hickory salt and a few dashes of liquid smoke. Let cook all day. Remove from the pot and pull all the meat apart. Serve on buns with cole slaw and her BBQ sauce. Fantastic. And the good thing is, I can fix it and eat on it all week.


You will probably be seeing a lot of Ren Faire stuff online this year. I have accepted a larger volunteer position and am looking forward to finally putting names to faces, etc. with the group. I am so terrible with names it hurts.

Comments

Popular Posts