Drunken Shrimp and Less than $10 for Dinner

And it will be dinner again for two and at least 2 lunches, so dinner last night will be very economical despite the addition of shrimp.

One of the recipes Texter had marked in the Sandra Lee’s Semi-Homemade Weeknight Recipes (mentioned in earlier post) was Fettuccini Alfredo with Shrimp.  So I got the missing ingredients and off we went.  My most expensive purchase for it was the shrimp.  I bought salad shrimp, frozen, for $4.99 on sale and used that rather than larger shrimp. 

I started putting it together and in came Texter who took over after I chopped the onion and garlic.  The rest of a bottle of white wine went into the recipe so I didn’t have to buy wine.  A bottle of wine in my house lllasssstttssss for months.  I open it, have one or two glasses and then forget I have it.

No pictures were taken of the final results.  We were too busy eating it.  Really easy, especially if you buy your carrots already shredded like I did.  Fairly inexpensive, less than $10 for every (without counting the wine) and it will last through at least 6 servings if not 8.  So I am looking at something really tasty, easy and quick for about $1 a serving.

Texter did get tickled.  She pulled the cork out of the bottle for me.  See, I can have something over than screw top wine!  And dumped it in the mixture with the shrimp.  She kept calling them the “drunken shrimp”.  So we are renaming the dish “Drunken Shrimp Fettuccini Alfredo”.

Did I mention I finished off the dinner with one of the napoleons?

Comments

  1. Oh wow sounds good I am thinking of doing a spanish bean soup in the next day or two . sounds like you and texter had a good time making this dish . Have a great day .

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. It means a lot.

Popular Posts