Homework and Montana

Super busy these days.  I have Texter and Texter-to-be living with me while Gibbs is in San Diego for two months for recruitment training.  Between going back and forth from Raleigh to Jacksonville, NC for her doctor appointments, working, battling a sinus infection from hell, homework, life has been interesting.

But here is an assignment done in Illustrator.  We had to copy this poster....


This is the original we were given to copy.  And to render in any color we wanted to.  The sprinkling of color splashes in white we didn't have to add.

So I went with colorful and did this....


I think I nailed it.  Very pleased with my outcome, especially since the Pen Tool and I aren't friends...yet.

But other news which is keeping me busy.......

Texter and Gibbs are moving to Montana, his new posting.  I'm retiring the end of February.  I'm moving to Montana too!  Since Savvy is in Arizona and Texter will be in Montana, at least this puts me on the same side of the country.  So there will be a drive to Montana with dogs, baby or baby soon to be born Texter, get them settled and then back to North Carolina to pack up and move myself.  The Marines are moving them, so I can't combine 'stuff' with them.  But since we will be combining households and most of their stuff is newer, I am leaving a ton of stuff behind.

Actually, this is going to be fun.  I feel like a butterfly emerging from a cocoon.  Retiring, moving, disposing of a majority of my possessions....a rebirth.  What is interesting is what I am selecting to move....certain books by specific authors, sewing, knitting, cross stitch supplies, computer,  my orchid and rosemary bush.

Oh, and did I say my move to Montana will be via Arizona as I drop off the rest of Savvy's possessions to her?

Comments

Popular Posts