And Yet Another Newcomer

Birding, as you can tell, has become almost on obsession lately.  I am loving it when there is either a swarm of birds or a new one comes to the feeder.  This Saturday, the 9th, Project Feederwatch starts, of which I am entered into.  An excuse to stop every few days and watch the birds.

First off, let me apologize for the quality of the pictures.  Apparently, they just don't understand they are suppose to come out when lighting is the best, it isn't all gray, overcast and yucky.  Nor are they suppose to be up under the seat on the patio where there is a shadow.

But I noticed this little black-headed fellow hopping around and had to stop and take a look.



Just like he is suppose to do, he is feeding on the ground, sifting through the leaves for seeds.  My little Dark-eyed Junco.  My first Junco I have seen.

It's hard to tell from the pictures, but that dark head really pops out at you, even in the bad lighting.  I wish the light had been better as he does have some reddish/buff areas on his back and sides.  

Then I noticed he had a friend along with him.  Or I guess these days, his 'significant other' or 'companion'.


A pretty little thing, she is.  

Now if they tell their friends and more come by.

Comments

Popular Posts