Only a Couple More Weeks

School is winding down.  Only about three weeks left, which means a push on a couple of big final projects.  I am I also on the last leg of NaNoWriMo which I will complete, well ahead of time this year.

But here is a picture of one of my latest homework projects.  We had to design a web page for ourselves (based on a template they gave us).  I think I am finally catching on to part of this 'design stuff' in that I used Kuler to pick out the colors based on one of the images I wanted to use.  


The text on the page is just to hold place, but I am pleased with how the colors turned out and I would change up some things on it, but at least it gave me a idea of moving forward with my final projects.

But my friend Marie, over at Musing Crow Designs  brought up a valid point the other day and one that I have been struggling over....how to do everything we want to do and not feel like we are a "jack of all trades and a master of none".  It's funny how Marie and I have waltzed around each other in real life (worked for the same company, lived in the same parts of the country, same similar interests and never met - YET).

I love mixed media art - ATC cards, art journaling.  I do needlework, knit, and crochet.  I sew - mainly quilts, now.  I love to write and read.  I work part time at a library, which means books are constantly following me home.  I have a grand daughter that's 8 months old (in two days).  I want to hike and explore more of Montana.  And photography - how could I forget photography and working with Photoshop!

And next semester will have me completing a certification in Basic Web/Graphic Design and I will be  about 2 classes short of my Associates Degree (which I will have to pick up elsewhere).  I have a goal of a Master of Fine Arts for myself.

See, too much to do and only 24 hours in the day.

Marie brought up this point and stated she has decided she is going to have to make her focus in this one particular area, that she is dissatisfied with being 'scattered' all over the board.  And I am feeling the same way.  

So after some pondering on the subject, I think, (as of this moment in time) that I am going to concentrate on my writing, photography and to satisfy my need for fiber - sewing quilts (and related projects).  The knitting projects and the cross stitch ones I have in my to-do box, I will complete, but not at the pace I was originally going to do them.  And I probably won't replace them (or at least not right away).  

That is the plan....at least for this moment in time.   Now to finish up NaNoWriMo!

Comments

  1. I'm afraid I fall into that category too of trying too many things and not zeroing in a few important ones too. That's what happens to creative people. I hope your plan works for you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. It means a lot.

Popular Posts