No Nap and a Chickadee

Lady K was being difficult this afternoon about her afternoon nap. So I got up and we went back into the living room, watching it snow (and snow and snow and snow).  There were a few sparrows and juncos around the feeder at the end of the patio.  Then this little chickadee flew down to the crab apple tree at the bottom of the yard.  It is still really pretty with some of the apples still on the branches and the snow on the branches.


So there he was, sitting there all by his lonesome.  And then.......









A large flock of waxwings descended onto the crab apple tree.  There was probably about a 100 of them.  At first, I was really excited because I thought "Cedar Waxwings!", which I had only seen 1 before in August.  

But when I got out my Sibley's to verify what I was seeing, it seems these were not Cedar Waxwings, but Bohemian Waxwings.  Which is exciting as they are less widespread than Cedars.

So Lady K is forgiven for not napping, because if she had, then I would have missed this invasion.

Comments

Popular Posts