Fiber and Fabric Friday - A New Start

I haven't had much time recently to get in much stitching. I have managed a few stitches in 'Electra' and can't wait to see how the other colors look. This orange is a bit jarring against the brown and black, but when I get more of the other colors in, it should look stunning. However, I don't think having it done by Halloween is doable.

I have paused from work long enough to appreciate the full moon. 





My bedroom window faces east, so these pictures were taken through my window, thus the double image of the moon. 

The orientation of the house has allowed me to reset my altar a bit as I got Texter's dresser for my own now (she's getting a larger one).


I have a bit more room on it. I need to add some fall leaves and acorns before Samhain. It is an eclectic grouping of Goddess, Buddhist, Pagan and my own made up beliefs, but I love it.

Anyway...

Despite having a TON of other projects to do (thus no fabric or yarn purchases over the past few months), I did make a purchase on Wednesday for a baby present.

 

A friend has a baby on the way and due soon. And since he is a GameStop manager, what else could I make a baby blanket out of except flannel with a gaming theme!

The problem is, I love it all and there is enough here for a HUGE blanket, not baby sized at all. So it may evolve into two blankets and I'll keep one for myself.

But it will be a quick rag quilt based on this tutorial by Jess at Bright Green Door. I have another blanket I usually make, but I have gotten tired of making that pattern and wanted something different. The fabric strips are cut and now for the batting. After that, it should be a quick finish. I have some solid red and lime green which I will probably set in there too. I will have to see (and consult with Texter over).

I did make a couple of changes to the pattern. I bought 1.5 yards of each flannel (on sale at Joann's now) and I cut it lengthwise rather than across the width. And I have 8 fabrics rather than just 2. 

I'll take some pictures once it's finished this weekend. I need to get a move on with it so I can gift before the baby comes and he is not at work for a few weeks.

Game on!




Comments

Popular Posts