Tuesday Sundries - It's Getting 'OLD'

Six years ago I was packing up and preparing for a move to Montana. Texter was VERY pregnant. We were going to a new home, blind. We had never been to Montana. We had only seen the house we were renting online. It was a giant leap of faith.

Now, fast forward to today...


We are back in North Carolina. And the tiny, unborn 'thing' is a thinking, reasoning (unreasonable), talking, dancing, walking, being. And modeling the hat her Aunt Savvy has worn in the past. It was 'crazy hat' day at school and she wore it for the day.

And today, it is 'Mix-n-Match' day. So last night she picked out her outfit for the day.


So what's this all about?

I have been fortunate to be there almost every single day of her life. I have been able to participate in her life more than I was able to for my own daughters. Working 8-10 hours a day kept me exhausted and removed from a lot of what was going on with Savvy and Texter. Unfortunately, that's the lot of most parents. 

And while there are times (many times) where I think it would be great to be an 'empty nester', 'this' does get me up in the mornings and sends me to bed tired most nights. Asks questions to which I still have no answers. Aggravates the hell out of me and hugs and kisses me sweetly.

And in 19 more days, of which she is counting down, it's her 6th birthday. 

I hope to be here when she celebrates being 46!

Comments

Popular Posts