Writing Wednesday - Q3 Plans and a Bit of Desk Area Rearranging

For the past year, almost year and a half, I have fallen off the 'wagon'. 

I haven't been watching my money, health, writing like I wanted to or should have. 

Ok, I bought a house and was setting up my 'forever home'. And there was the C-word which affected the world. But still!

So, I am tightening my belt, both literally and figuratively! (If truth be known, I would like to be able to buy a smaller belt!)

Anyway...





I haven't been 'working' my tasks on my Kanban board which was over my desk. One reason is it's actually a stretch to reach it. So I needed to make it more accessible, viewable, and usable. 






So the board is now beside my desk and the categories, or areas where I have tasks, are labeled. I am reusing a piece of poster board for my board. 

Beside it, I have 4 pieces of 12x12 scrapbooking paper labeled for Act One, Act Two Part One, Act Two Part Two, and Act Three. I plan on using those for my scenes/chapters. Hopefully, this will kick start my writing on 'Crystal Dragons' (renamed from Dragon Earth). 

I want to try out this system or arrangement to see if it motivates and keeps me on track better. If so, then I will invest in something more permanent. So actually, my set-up is ticking off not only boxes in my 'Creativity' category, but also my 'Finances' category by not spending money on something I'm not sure I actually need or not. If it does work out for me, then my plan is to buy a couple of large (and cheap) poster frames and put decorative paper in the frame and use them inside of the poster board and scrapbooking paper. 

Now that I have rearranged and 'tidied' my desk area walls, I am feeling better and more confident about carrying through on my plans. Let's go July!


Comments

Popular Posts