Books, books and more books



I have been on a real reading binge lately. With the pending move, I put reading on the back burner so I am catching up on my reading.



Sherrilyn Kenyon's Acheron has been one of my "big" reads. I love all her books and this one ties in a main character through all her Dark Hunter books.



Christine Feehan's Turbulent Sea is another in a series I keep up with. I can't wait until September for a book in her Carpathian series to come out.



Can you guess I really like fang and fur and witches?



Anne Bishop's Tangled Webs is another in a series I enjoy. This is also has witches and mages and sex and .... or did I mention the "S" word? Shame on me!



But to prove I am not all other worldly, I am behind a couple of books in the Janet Evanovich Stephanie Plum series, just finishing up Lean Mean Thirteen. I now have to get number 14 in the series. If you want a laugh, read these books. Funny and some sex....can't beat it.

Despite my fondness for fur and fang, I do branch out quite often. Just finished The September Society by Charles Finch. This book goes back to the "old" style of Gothic and Victorian romances, a real departure from the "modern" mystery. A more formal style than usual, but an enjoyable read.

Another departure from my usual is Michael Ruhlman's The Reach of a Chef. I really enjoy reading stories which are day-to-day or behind the scenes of cooking and gardening.

Stephenie Meyer is a young adult fiction writer which I discovered via OD. If you haven't checked out what is going on with the younger set recently, take a gander. There is a lot of great fiction, beyond Harry Potter, geared for the younger set, but great reads for those of us with gray hair. I am at the end of book 4 of her Twilight Saga series, Breaking Dawn. If you read Laurell K Hamilton this is like her series, but for a much younger set....fang and fur and very little sex. Good read. Ms. Meyer has also written an "adult" book, The Host, which I have requested from the library.

In case you are wondering, the library is my best friend. I can surf and find books, request them from the library and they are there by magic. There are a few authors I do buy their books to hold and reread.

Four other books on my bedside table are The Silver Needle Murder, by Laura Childs; Zine Scene by Block and Carlip; No Humans Involved by Kelley Armstrong and Debbie Macomber's Twenty Wishes.




Comments

  1. Wow!!! You put me to shame!! I have read one book this summer....WICKED..
    That's all nothing else.....
    HAPPY READING!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. It means a lot.

Popular Posts