Long Time and Starting to Catch Up



No, this is not exactly what mine looked like, but I did make the meal last night. Decided to try and have at least 1 "new" meal a week, to introduce something different rather than the same old meals.

So, while waiting to get my hair cut, OD and I saw this recipe in Real Simple magazine; Lemon Chicken with Olives. And since we were going to the grocery store right afterwards, picked up the ingredients for the chicken. Mine was served with a green salad, white rice and mango slices.

Verdict. The chicken was......ok. I am not a fan of olives anyway, but willing to give it a try. The taste was a little "different". I think it was the olives. OD liked it, but we both agreed it was not going to be a repeat. Texter ate a small piece and opted for a PBJ sandwich.

The hit, and a surprise for me, the mango. OD had asked for it at the grocery store, which was an eye-opener since I did not know she liked mango. Texter eyed it on her plate and then wanted more. So now I have another fruit I can get them to eat. I know it does not fit in the "eating local", but hey, get them to eat fruit willingly it great. Besides, what local fruits are there in North Carolina at the end of December? Come spring/summer with strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, peaches, etc, etc and I'll do local then.

So as I write this, I am eating my breakfast of a bowl full of Great Grains cereal. So I can take my vitamins. Now, hand me my coffee.....loaded with sugar and milk....2%.

Comments

Popular Posts