Quick and Dirty Poster Idea

So this week's chapter in Typography class was about posters.  Being a child of the 60's and 70's, posters were a mainstay of my youth.  This was your chance to get back at your parents by putting up a poster you knew they wouldn't like.  Instant rebellion!

And they were cheap.  So even those of us on an allowance could afford them.  Sometimes they even came in the albums we bought (remember those?).

Anyway, we had to design a poster along the lines of a 'public service' announcement.  And this was an assignment that as I was reading the directions I knew immediately what I wanted to do.  Of course, it didn't hurt that I am reading The Hobbit to get ready for the movie.  It was decades ago when I first read it, so a reread was necessary.

Reading is a big thing for me.  And with all the different ways you can read a book these days, there is no excuse for not reading.  You can listen while cleaning house or commuting.  Electronically is another way to read a book - even graphic novels can be read on a pad.  But I had to admit my favorite is still the print version.

Comments

Popular Posts