Trying Not to be a Couch Potato

This time of the year makes it easy(er) to not be as much of a couch potato.  Actually, there are times I feel like a 10 lb. bag of potatoes.  I work, tied to a computer for 8 hours a day and then I come home and do school work which has me tied to the computer for 2-3 more hours a night.

But they are really doing some great things just up the road from me on the Neuse River Trail.  They are paving the pathway - which is wide enough for a truck to drive down by the way.  And they are building bridges across the river so there are more access points.  One such bridge is just suppose to be a couple of blocks away from me when finished.

But this is the drive up from the parking area when I have been taking Noel for walks when I can.





I think it is amazing, in the middle of a large urban area, that there is this slice of beauty and peace.  Granted, while walking, there are times you hear the cars and see the backs of houses (boy, would I like to have one of those houses which back up to the trail). But for the most part, it is a really meditative walk if you wish.

There are a few joggers and bikers on the trail, so I haven't ever had it completely to myself, but still, they are few and far between.  And at 20 miles or so, you do get a lot of peace and quiet to walk if you wish.

And you still have the opportunity to see some wildlife like this....


Hopefully, I will keep up some walking and observing instead of sitting all the time.

Comments

Popular Posts