June In The "Art Room"

All my traveling to/from North Carolina and Arizona is finished!  I only have to set up shipping my stuff from North Carolina, but all all the work is done.  Or it is until my things come from North Carolina and I have to put it up.

In the meantime, I have turned my attention to the 'art room'.  I still have some books and a couple of bags of fabric and patterns to add to the shelves, but this is what it looked like as we were unpacking and I was just setting things in the room.



So, with my return from North Carolina with some things in the car, I now have 2 sewing machines to use.  Both are Singers and not all that fancy, but I have my machine and then a really basic Singer as a back up.

With the shelves fairly organized, I have selected some projects for June to try and complete.  Actually, I have so many projects that I needed to narrow down what I was going to work on.













I am starting the Marcelle Medallion Quilt from Liberty Love.  This is what I pulled from my stash for the center medallion.  If you haven't seen the finished quilt, it is a wonderful complex and bright design.  I am pulling from my stash for the fabrics.  I am not tuned into buying complete lines of fabric (yet) to use for a quilt.  So right now I am pulling for what seems to fit from my current stash.
















I am also participating in the Tula Pink 100 Modern Quilt Blocks QAL.  My goal for June is to do 5 blocks a week or 20 for the month.  And once again, I am pulling from my current stash for the blocks. What I did notice however when pulling for the blocks is that I don't have very many solids.

I also have a BOM from Wish Upon a Quilt in Raleigh which I signed up for before I knew I was moving.  They are kind enough to let me continue and are mailing me the blocks every month.  I had gotten behind with the move and managed to 'catch up' the end of May.  It will be a bright and colorful quilt when finished.

















Those are a couple of the blocks.

So for June my list of 'to-do's' is as follows:

  • Marcelle Medallion Quilt - finish center block
  • Blocks 1-20 of the Tula Pink blocks
  • finish up 'monkey hat' (knitted) for Lady K
  • BOM from Wish Upon a Quilt
  • blocks for block swap on Facebook
Of course, Texter has her agenda.  I found a pattern for fabric blocks and she wants to work on those.  I want do to them in flannel and blanket stitch the letters on the blocks.  This will give me a handwork project.  Also, I have a couple of quilts for her with a Batman theme we have the fabric for and the fabric for some 'animal' throws and a pillow.  We will see if I get those fit in too.

June is bustin' out all over!

Comments

Popular Posts