So far I have been pretty much on track completing the things I want to do for the month, including the things that Texter has thrown at me. My exception is the Marcelle Medallion. That is on the back burner for now until I feel up to tackling y-seams.
But my Tula Pink QAL is on track. I have finished a total of 10 squares, 5 a week. Here are a couple of the blocks.
My only change on the block is I strip pieced the small red and black blocks. I didn't see the need to cut out 1.5 inch squares and sew them together. So I sewed two long jelly roll strips together and cut and rotated them for the blocks. Since I used the same colors on 2 blocks and they both called for the same type of pieces, I killed two birds with one strip.
I completed the floor pillow Texter wanted me to do and have a good start on the alphabet blocks. She got a little impatient with the whole idea of a blanket stitch around the letters, so I decided to experiment with some of the different stitches on my sewing machine.
Texter helped by tracing out the letters and fusing them to the fusible interfacing. I cut out 36 squares of 6 different flannels and the two of us ironed them onto the squares. I have a few more letters and numbers to stitch on the blocks. They are fused, but I wanted to be sure they don't come off while being played with. The coming week will be putting the blocks together and stuffing them. Texter, Gibbs and Lady K head off into 10 days for a week of camping with other Marine families, so we have this week to get them together before she heads off.
So things are on track and I am pleased with my progress over the past two weeks. Looks like I will be well on track for getting things accomplished this month.