Mid-month Checkin



So far I have been pretty much on track completing the things I want to do for the month, including the things that Texter has thrown at me.  My exception is the Marcelle Medallion.   That is on the back burner for now until I feel up to tackling y-seams.

But my Tula Pink QAL is on track.  I have finished a total of 10 squares, 5 a week.  Here are a couple of the blocks. 


My only change on the block is I strip pieced the small red and black blocks.  I didn't see the need to cut out 1.5 inch squares and sew them together.  So I sewed two long jelly roll strips together and cut and rotated them for the blocks.  Since I used the same colors on 2 blocks and they both called for the same type of pieces, I killed two birds with one strip.


I completed the floor pillow Texter wanted me to do and have a good start on the alphabet blocks.  She got a little impatient with the whole idea of a blanket stitch around the letters, so I decided to experiment with some of the different stitches on my sewing machine.




Texter helped by tracing out the letters and fusing them to the fusible interfacing.  I cut out 36 squares of 6 different flannels and the two of us ironed them onto the squares.  I have a few more letters and numbers to stitch on the blocks.  They are fused, but I wanted to be sure they don't come off while being played with.  The coming week will be putting the blocks together and stuffing them.  Texter, Gibbs and Lady K head off into 10 days for a week of camping with other Marine families, so we have this week to get them together before she heads off. 

So things are on track and I am pleased with my progress over the past two weeks.  Looks like I will be well on track for getting things accomplished this month. 

Comments

  1. Way to go! I can't wait to see your project in all its glory at the end of the month. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:00 PM

    Staying on track is the number one thing to do, and you are right there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are making wonderful progress!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. It means a lot.

Popular Posts