Week in Review - November 19 - 25


It's been a crazy, crazy week!

Even knowing it was Thanksgiving week, and I had made 'plans', it seemed like I was in the kitchen for days. And not a picture made!

But Texter and I did join Lady K at school for Thanksgiving lunch.


Texter, who was off for the whole week (perks of getting homework done early), was busy getting things ready for the 4 days (1 per week) of crafts we are going to do at school with Lady K and her class. Christmas 'stuff', but a fun break (hopefully) for the teachers and the class. We start this Thursday with the first one, making paper chains. So lots of paper cutting coming up. 

Then Friday, the 24th, was the first clue to this year's Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt, On Ringo Lake.
I found out earlier this year with the block of the week quilts I did with The Sewing Palace, I have to hop on it immediately, do that week's required sewing and then play with something else until the next week's release.


I have to laugh at myself because when cutting the strips for making these 9-patch blocks I over cut a bit. I now have 51 blocks which measure 3 1/2 x 3/12 unfinished. They use 3 of the 4 colors for the quilt. The fourth color is a salmon/coral color. So far I am loving the colors going together. The fabrics I am using are all batiks and a lot of the fabrics came from Ms. Montana, my quilty buddy's stash. Next Friday, when the clue is released, I won't be able to really work on it like I did this week as Texter, Lady K and I are taking a trip to Missoula for the day to do some Christmas shopping and consuming of Krispy Kreme donuts.

In between cooking and eating, I started preparing for starting The 12 Week Year planning. And one of the things I wanted to do was to be more accountable to myself for 'things'. One of the things I wanted was a tracker, but using my Hobonichi meant it was in the front of the planner and I didn't check on it on a daily basis like I should. So...



These are daily things and weekly items I want to get accomplished. Also are things I want to do on a monthly basis. I had the lists and Texter kindly (after I pouted and whined) made up the charts and laminated them for me so I can check them off daily and then see how I am doing on a weekly basis. The chart is also 4 x 6 so I can move it around in my planner and it's there in front of me daily. I might have to tweak it as I go along, but think it will work nicely. And she did it in green, my favorite color and green means growth too.

So for the rest of the week I...

  • Picked up a ton of books at the library
  • Finished 2 books

The coming week...

  • Craft session at Creative Horizons making paper chains to decorate the room 
  • Finishing up NaNoWriMo by the 30th
  • Finish up the C2C afghan by next Sunday
  • Start on Week 2 of the On Ringo Lake quilt 
  • Day trip to Missoula for Christmas shopping
  • Read, read, read!

So for now, off for more coffee and to find a dry erase pen to use on my tracker sheets.


Comments

Popular Posts