Week in Review - October 29 - November 4

WOW! Another crazy week.

After finding out two weekends ago Lady K had a really bad UTI and not a bad appendix, by the end of this week, she was coughing and sputtering. Pneumonia. Not enough to knock her out, but enough to have more antibiotics and at-home time.

Then if that wasn't enough, Texter started complaining of a sore throat, ears hurt and feeling yucky. It turns out she is 'allergic to fronts'. Yep. Allergic to weather fronts. It messes with the fluids in her ears, causes headaches and apparently contributes to a sore throat. And all these years I thought it was the fronts and sleeping with my mouth open!

Needless to say, I am popping Vitamin C gummies and the rest of my vitamins to stay at least reasonably healthy.

Of course, with Lady K at home and Texter down for the count, I have gotten NOTHING done for the most part.

Except for...


Cooking!


After our Halloween Trick or Treating (2 times during the day and 3 pounds of candy), the snow moved in. With the snow came a frenzy of cooking and baking on my part.





Thursday and Friday were snow-filled days. Snowing and more snowing.


Saturday, much to Texter's dismay (because she hates seagulls), I managed to attract them with the popcorn I threw out. A couple dozen arrived, ate the popcorn and winged off.


Saturday was also filled with running the girls all over town. Urgent Care for Texter and the stores for Savvy. It was also occupied with assisting a bit with the mini-cupcake experiment for the Diamond Event next week at Jensen Jewelers (more on that later).


It also meant a run downtown for a different piping tip to make the roses which will be on the mini-cupcakes (and many cupcakes too!) I love the stream the city is installing down the walking mall. Don't know how much longer it will run before they turn the water off because it is frozen solid.

Otherwise this week...

  • Delivered lunches to three friends at work on a snowy, cold Friday (and got rid of leftover bean soup and Apple-Walnut Cheesecake bars)
  • Potted up about 2 dozen tiny jade plants into actual pots (well, one pot and one old coffee container)
  • Started NaNoWriMo with my writing this year focusing on my Montana Memories
  • Time in the quilt studio pulling fabrics for this year's Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt
  • Finished 2 books
  • Drinking tons of water and getting at least 5000 steps in daily (Savvy has a wellness challenge via her work and has put me on it - yarn and Starbucks rewards will do it!)
  • New quilt pattern I have been wanting
  • Swap package from my NaNoWriMo partner
  • Ordered a 8 big cans of Sweet Sue Chicken and Dumplings from Walmart! (long story)

This coming week...

  • Afternoon at the library, refocusing on my plans and getting some word count in on my NaNoWriMo project
  • Sewing on Christmas gifts
  • Crocheting on a couple of projects
  • Decorating cupcakes for the Diamond Event at Jensen's
  • Hopefully cranking out about 10,000 plus words this week
  • Getting my temporary crown replaced with a permanent one

But for now, more coffee (and water).


Comments

  1. For a week where you say you didn't do much, you seem to have done an awful lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I am tired reading about all you did. The cooking all sounds amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been very busy this week. I have a similar kale and bean soup recipe that I'm planning to make this week. Although we don't have that beautiful snow you do.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. It means a lot.

Popular Posts