Postitive Focus Thursday - New Growth

Feeling a bit 'down' these days. And I'm blaming it on picking up an activity I haven't done in several years - cross stitch. 

I think I have frogged and restitched as much as I have stitched without error. Maybe more. 

Of course, some of it could be blamed on watching Tour de Force at the same time.

But basically, I'm feeling a bit bummed out. (Not to mention hot and sweaty to match the hot and humid weather.)

I miss my life back in Montana. 

Yep, I'm missing Montana. And my friends there.

Don't get me wrong. I LOVE being a couple of hours away from friends I have had for decades. The girls love being around old friends and family. 

But I am missing Montana and my life and friends there.

Tuesday I took my orchids off their shelves and sat them in the bathtub for a good soak.


As I was putting them back on the shelves I was giving them a once over and realized, despite being shoved in a basket and into the back of a car, moved to a totally different environment, something is happening...

NEW GROWTH!









Even one, which was destined for the trash, is putting out new growth.


And I have the opportunity to further watch Lady K turn into a 'big girl'. She is loving the local branch of the library here even more than she loved the library in Helena.


We find ourselves attending programs two or more times a week. This is from a puppet show at the library. At first, she wanted to sit on the chair by me and not on the floor with the other kids. But that quickly changed and she was up and singing and dancing along with them. Engaging in new situations is a really big step for her.


And she loved having a library volunteer read to her, one-on-one, while waiting for another program to start. 

We have become enough of a fixture the librarians know us.

So I need to take a page from my orchids and start sending out my roots into my new home.

But for now, I'll watch more cycling and recover from 'Karaoke Kids' and gear up for watching 'Cars 3' at the library.

Comments

Popular Posts