Week In Review - July 15 - 21

Another hot, rainless week.

I so want a nice rain. Not like the storms which ripped through other parts of the country, but just a nice rain shower or two.

But I did have to break down and mow the yard this week. During which I found a family of skinks (lizards).


I caught one to show to Lady K. 

You don't know what a HUGE step this is for her to actually hold something like this. She has matured and seemingly adjusted to some of her fears and is getting bolder about holding things like this. A couple of years ago, just seeing the lizard would have sent her running and screaming.

Yesterday (Saturday), I spent part of it in the kitchen. I started off the day with a bit of French Toast to eat while watching the Tour de France. Makes sense doesn't it.


I put together a bit of tortilla soup, with my own made-up-what's-in-the-fridge-and-cabinet version. Not too bad. I added some pork I had cooked in the slow cooker with taco seasoning.



I added some walnuts to the mix and didn't wait as long as I was supposed to before putting on the caramel glaze.  Really tasty. This recipe will hang around as far as I am concerned.

Savvy was gifted with a 'care package' of soup and cake as she wasn't working on Saturday and was at home. 


I was in a needlework 'slump' this past week, having to rip out and redo most of the side portion. Not once, but twice! As of Saturday night, I am almost through this section and will be starting another corner today when the race starts.

My plan was to have the 'border' finished by the end of the Tour de France, but I don't think that's happening. Can't wait to get the outer portion finished so I can do a quick wash and put on stretcher bars to do the specialty stitches, silk work and beading.

Otherwise this past week...
  • Finished 4 books
  • Wrote 3 posts
  • 4 trips to the library with Lady K for events
  • Menu planning and grocery list making
  • Fought off 'grumps' all week 
  • Babysat all weekend while Texter worked and went out with friends

This week...


  • Get a couple of ripe tomatoes off the vine
  • Grocery shopping 
  • A couple of library events
  • Finish up the Tour de France
  • Work on Joy quilt
  • Finish up and review some of the books I've gotten to review

But in the meantime, it's more coffee and finding breakfast for Lady K.


Comments

Popular Posts