Week in Review - September 15 - 21

So the 'move' is over and I now have had a full week with Savvy and CJ and adjusting to a new home.

Yesterday, I posted about some room updates about adding shelves for my plants. I do need to get some more plant lights as the room gets almost no light from outside. And with the tree outside being a cedar, there won't be any 'bare branches' during the winter.

Since this past week was my birthday week, Texter and I went to Ikea on my day off for my free birthday lunch. I really wanted to do to get some shelves for my room. The free food was a bonus.


I did purchase the two slices of garlic bread and the drink, but the entree and the cake were free! And enough for both of us to eat on and feel sated afterward. Plus we got to wander through Ikea - always a delight.

I purchased 3 shelves and a box of Ikea screws for $18 (and Texter a trio of cactus with my $10 off coupon). So a fun day off.

And I potted up my Queen of the Night 'babies' I received from Miss C as my birthday gift. I have hope I can get it to root and thrive and eventually bloom.

On Saturday, my other day off, I had in mind to dump the last of some odds and ends in the storage unit, and then work outside on moving my outside plants from Miss J's house to this house.

But...

Instead I...

  • Took Savvy to work
  • Returned books to the library and picked up some more
  • Stopped back by the house to pick up my phone I left behind
  • Shoved items into the storage unit and plucked out a couple of knitting projects from the one bin I could reach
  • Went back to the mall (now that it was open) to turn in some survey information for my weekly $15

It was returning to the mall where this happened.


There is actually another Stress Relief lotion missing (which I gave to Savvy).

I had a 'birthday gift' from Bath and Bodyworks and I dropped in to see how little I could purchase in order to get my free gift. As it turned out they were doing a survey there. So I spent 15-20 minutes doing this survey on candles (because I love their candles after all) and got a $20 gift card for my efforts.

But wait!

I also had a coupon for $10 off a $30 purchase!

And all their body lotions, regardless of the line they were in, were $5! 

So 6 lotions at $5 are $30! (The little White Jasmine was my birthday gift.) Then $30 less my $10 off coupon is $20. And I have a $20 gift card! 

I got $87 worth of lotion for free! 

This is enough lotion to see me through several months of slathering it on my hands, legs and feet.

The $1.45 I had to spend on taxes for my haul was covered for the $2 I earned by doing a movie survey!

However, all this 'fun' meant I was out until about 2 p.m. and I just wanted to go home and 'veg' as I have a 40 hour week coming up at work starting today. Which meant, I failed at getting outside and bringing plants over. Sorry, Miss J! But I still have the orchid set aside for you.

Otherwise this week...


  • Finished one book
  • Wrote 4 posts
  • Walked over 5000 steps 6 days (was at 4469 on day 7!)
  • Trained a co-worker on Food Lion to Go 

This coming week...

  • Finish up a pair of socks which have been almost finished for ages (I'm on the toe of the second sock)
  • Do the 'plant' thing!
  • Do the Charlotte Yarn Crawl to check out the local yarn stores
  • Start my training for Front Office at Food Lion

But for now, definitely more coffee!



Comments

Popular Posts