Positive Focus Thursday - 15 Years and Counting

On January 1, 2005 I wrote my first blog post!

That's right, I have kept this up for 15 years! 


If this was a marriage, it would be my crystal anniversary on January 1, 2020. In fact, I am looking for an appropriate crystal to reward and remind myself I have actually done something for that long (other than raising my girls).

Anyway...

One of the things I have learned over the years is while I am terrific at making lists and plans, I am not so great at following through with updates on those lists and plans. So I hoping to change that with the next 15 years!

My first post was about the knitting I was planning on doing. And actually, it wasn't a bad list.


Charlotte's Web - finish up one for Carol and start/finish mine 

I actually finished the one for Carol. I can't remember if I finished mine or not

Several Reverse-Bloom Flower Washcloths from Weekend Knitting 

I made several of these in a chenille-like yarn. They were fun to knit.

Three adult and 2 child size Later 'Gator Mitts from Stitch and Bitch Nation (awaiting 
more yarn from LYS) 

I made the 5 and think I made several more for people at work. 

Participate in the Sockalong group 

Socks! I think I finally finished a pair this year. 

For myself, Gisele from Berroco Sweater Girls #228 

I don't think I even bought the yarn for this sweater. I haven't made sweaters as they take so long, at least in my size. 

Also for myself, Shoalwater Shawl from Fiber Trends 

I started and ripped out and started again so many times on this shawl. I don't think I ever finished it. 

Clapotis for Knitty.com (still have to get the fibers for this one) 

I finished this shawl and actually still have it (somewhere). I love it and might just go back and do another one.

Over the years, the girls have grown up.




Over the years my sewing has improved. If I remember correctly, these costumes were donated to the Ren Faire group at the time to use for volunteers. This was also the start of our involvement with the group for the Faire in Raleigh. I miss the sewing and hectic weekends of the Faire.

So what does the next year hold?

Hopefully, more posting on a consistent basis. Updating my site and maybe getting my own domain name. 

But for now, it's nice to reflect on the ups and downs of the past 15 years and how much life has changed and how far I've come. It hasn't always been nice, but I am content with where I am now. 

That being said, it's time for another cup of coffee!





Comments

Popular Posts