Positive Focus Sunday - Vision Board Review - It Works!

For 2021 I created a Vision Board to put my 'dreams' into a more in-my-face presence. 


With half the year being done, I revisited the board to see where I stood.

Home - done!
Garden - harvesting and plans for a bigger garden next year
Finances - continuing to budget and work my budget
Pets - 2 cats and a dog
Menu planning/better eating/losing weight - in a positive process

So basically half the vision board has been accomplished or am working on it! I count that as a huge win, especially since I have the biggest dream fulfilled - my own home.

With Q3 starting, I created a new vision board on what I wanted to accomplish over the next three months.


I have it set as my computer wallpaper so it's in front of me constantly.

Already I have 1/4 of the board accomplished - getting the fence along the front of the house in! Now I can let Slider out without having him on a leash. It also allows me to start planning what I am going to plant on the the slope in the front yard. I want to plant it with perennials so I don't have to mow the slope.

Losing weight - still watching what I eat and the amount I eat. I know I have to change my decades old eating habits in order to not only lose weight, but to maintain that loss. So far, since early June, I am down 10 pounds. I'm pleased because I don't feel like I have deprived myself of anything I want to eat. I am happy with the slow, but steady loss.

I need to refocus on saving more money. I have pretty much gotten everything I think I can't live without in the house. I need to set aside money to put into plants and raised garden beds over the next few months. 

Writing - well, that's my big disappointment to date. Every time I think 'ok, let's go', life rears its head and throw me for a loop. I had planned on doubling down in July with Camp NaNo. However, with Texter moving in, Lady K now with her dad and we have her for a week, plans have been thrown out the window. But I am still trying!

Some of my other vision board items included a trip back to Montana. Well, that turned into a home purchase, so maybe in the next year or two. 

I want to hike and explore more of North Carolina. I have made it as far as the library system here in our county. That works for now. 

If I didn't already believe in vision boards and how it focuses me on what I want to accomplish, I am now. 

Well pleased with the year so far.






Comments

Popular Posts