Week in Review - October 11 - 17, 2021


It has been rather a whirlwind week emotionally. The week ended with having Lady K to myself all weekend, but also the death of a friend in Montana. His passing is bittersweet. He will be so terribly missed, leaving 3 kids and a wife behind. Luckily, his youngest is a freshman in high school and the other two are in college, so not little children. But he was, and will be remembered, as a truly great guy. 

Anyway...

The day I found that out, it was also the day of our outing to the Carolina Renaissance Faire. Lady K was so excited and terribly impressed with the fairies and their bubbles. She also learned about 'tip jars' and luckily I had emptied my change jar before we went. She had her change purse filled with change and would drop it in the jars. She felt so grown up!

And she came home and made a fairy garden in a large pan I had. It's a portable garden so she could take it home and keep it in her room. I will have to watch for items for fairy gardens in the coming months so she can put fairy gardens in my garden in the spring. 

Sunday morning we did our 'cooking'. Lady K had been anticipating making cupcakes for my birthday for a month now. So we got up and made cupcakes for breakfast. Red velvet - chocolate icing for her and cream cheese icing for me. 

In addition, a big pot of chicken and dumplings and a pot of 'granny soup', plus 4 little boules of homemade bread. It was then divided up with some to Texter, some to Savvy and some for my meals this coming week. With the temperatures dropping this week, comfort food is a must!

I did bring in plants from the porch with the overnight temperatures dropping into the 40's. A couple of my orchids are blooming (huzzah!). One is a 'rebloom' as it was blooming when I got it in May. The other is a first time blooming for me. I managed to keep them alive and well since May - basically 6 months - so I'm very, very happy. 

Anyway, the plant move has highlighted the fact I need better places in the house to put plants and I will probably need some plant lights this winter.

When we dropped off food to Savvy, there was a large red stain on her kitchen floor where red nail polish of dropped - really mega-dropped. And she hasn't been able to get it up yet (I think she ran out of nail polish remover). But the 'True Crime' in me saw a blood stain! And I had to pose on the kitchen floor. 

Otherwise this week...

  • Finished 3 books and DNF 1 book
  • Wrote 6 posts
  • Walked 18.3 miles - actually I did more, but had my watch off for it
  • The 2022 Tour de France routes were announced! So excited. It starts in Denmark this year and there will be a Tour de France for women this coming year. Doubly exciting!
  • Got my Kanban board updated and plans for my 2022 Kanban will change slightly (I think)
  • Took Slider over to see Mr. Racecar to show him off

This coming week...


Until then, nursing a sore wrist which reading means I can sit and keep ice on it!



 

Comments

Popular Posts