Positive Focus Sunday - Books!

Yes, books are always a positive thing for me. Free books are always like a lottery win!




I have been wanting to read the Witcher series.

Actually, I checked them out from the library and Savvy read them. But I haven't read them yet. But I wanted to buy the whole series and have them all lined up on my book shelf. 

NOTE: In 2022 I will be purchasing at least 3 'Billy' shelves from Ikea to replace my current bookcases. I simply need more room for more books! Then the current bookcases will go to different spots in the house.

Anyway...

I have watched the Witcher series on TV (drool) and played the video game. Ok, I 'attempted' to play the game. My ability to master the controls and play the game didn't make it past the tutorial section.

But I really wanted the series to read.

So...

On my way to pick up Lady K on Friday, I stopped at Bush n Vine Farm for my blendie. It's become a habit now. They have a Free Library in their front garden area and I stopped to see what was in it and there were three books in the series! 

If I read the books in the order they were released, I'm set for the first three. If I read them in order of the storyline, then I have three books ahead of them. Since it doesn't bother me to read a series out of order, then I will start with what I have.





And a repeat from yesterday which is high on my happiness scale are plants which I have not only not killed, but are reblooming for me. And orchids reblooming are the number one of the plant scale!

I will have to admit it's not because of anything I have actively done. It's more of them surviving my care, or lack thereof. 

But what is really nice is when they bloom it will be December - January-ish, so inside when most things aren't in flower. A nice pick-me-up for the start of the new year.

Free books which are on my 'to-buy' list and reblooming orchids. Life doesn't get much better than that!



Comments

Popular Posts