Week in Review - November 8 - 14, 2021



Well, I survived another overnight with Lady K. 

It's not so much her, but Slider is just still a very large puppy who gets over-excited with someone new in the house. So I spend my time keeping them apart. So he doesn't knock her over or sit on her. And listen to him whine when I close the bedroom door to keep the apart. Sigh...

But it has also been a reasonably good week overall.

My hand, which I had hurt playing with my big puppy, healed up quickly and I only had the splint on a couple of days. 

In the kitchen realm, I made some nice dinners this past week - chicken, roasted potatoes and a salad. I also tried a new Dutch Baby recipe out of the Beat Bobby Flay cookbook. I like my tried and try recipe better. This one didn't puff up like the one normally fix. I had apples on it and some whipped cream. 

A friend, Mr. To-Go, had been in Tennessee for the past couple of weeks training new stores in to-go shopping. I was supposed to go originally, but the plans changed. I was disappointed because I had a plan to get a Tennessee Starbucks mug. After all, I was born there. So I needed one. He brought one back for me as a gift. I'm happy!

I have attempted to get some words down for NaNoWriMo this past week and succeeded to a certain degree. Not as much as I would like, but at least I have been writing more than normal. I did manage to get five blog posts written also.

One thing I have already started working on are plans for 2022. I have been making lists and brainstorming and thinking about where I want to go from this point on. 

The downside of the past week is that I learned about the passing of two friends back in Montana. Both were surprises to everyone.

Otherwise this past week...

  • Finished 3 books
  • Walked 16 miles
  • Picked up my Halloween decorations and started pulling out Christmas decorations
  • Baking with Lady K!

For the coming week...

  • More NaNoWriMo writing!
  • Yard and garden clean up for the winter
  • Inventory seeds and plan winter sowing
  • Making a decision about whether to vlog or not (more about that later)

But for now, it's more coffee and off to work. 

 

Comments

Popular Posts