Food and Fiber Friday - Learning to Eat Again

Ok, so obviously I have NEVER forgotten how to eat. 

My problem is eating wisely. And with a whole lot less sugar (among other things)!

Anyway...

Last Wednesday I started attending a class through the Gaston County Extension Office on Healthy Living with Diabetes. I figured I needed all the help I could get in learning how to tweak my lifestyle to better accommodate what I should be eating. Not only to help lower my blood sugar levels, but also to lose weight. The weight loss will also help in lowering my blood sugar, so win-win.

I was given this book...




So far, with only having it in my possession for a couple of days, I am really enjoying it. Easy to read. Larger print, by the way!

What I really like is in the 'foods' section a handy sheet on menu planning.




This chart helps so much. Now I can go down it and plan my meals a whole lot better and measure out the portions correctly. There are several pages after this chart which list foods under each category. Seeing it spelled out for me, really gives me a better idea of what I should be doing. 

Of course, the Cannoli Cake for my birthday is not listed, but will be eaten!

Also, today, I am starting the '75-day Soft Challenge' to go along with my improved eating habits.




With the weather cooling off this coming week and all the yard work I have to do, the 45 minutes a day of exercise will be easy. Especially on the days when I am working in the afternoon, I want to walk Slider and Ruby around the neighborhood. 

I need to figure out what containers I can use to measure out my 102 ounces of water daily! I think I am going to go to 7-11 and get one of their HUGE red mugs. I have to double check and see if it is 52 or 100 ounces. 

The 75-days will take me to November 14.  That's 2.5 months away, almost 12 weeks. Since I am down 4 pounds already, I am hoping I will be down about 20 pounds by that time. 

Stay tuned! Join me!











Comments

Popular Posts