Sunday....early....



Just took the dog out for the early morning "Pee and Poop" walk and I have about 3 hours before I have to be at work. Yawn.

Yesterday was pretty good. Got off work and strolled with OD around Peak Days celebration downtown. It was a beautiful day, not too hot and for once, no rain. I think the last 3 years they have had rain at least part of the day. So they should have done really good this year. Shared a funnel cake and lemon smoothie and picked up some freebie pens.

Started on sorting through books. Made it through the majority of my fiction and while I am doing this making a list of my favorite authors' books so I can fill in the gap. That would be Laurell K Hamilton (love the sexy fang and fur and fae!), Christine Feehan, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Jim Butcher (warlocks rock!), Susan Wittig Albert and Janet Evanovich. Those are the ones I will go back and reread. Just finished up Small Favor by Jim Butcher......great read and am waiting for Blood Noir to come out by Laurell K Hamilton.

Then OD and I watched the latest Alien vs Predator movie. Bummer. The first Alien vs Predator movie was good, really liked it. This one was just blood and guts, no real story. But it did allow me to get a little further on finishing up
clapotis scarf. I had started it, got about 1/3 way through and just could not get the hang of it. Put it aside. So pulled it out about a month ago to "finish" it, ripped it all out and started over and this time it clicked. So I am about 5 x 12 rows, decreasing each row, to having it finished. Maybe in the next day or 2. But it is done in a cotton blend yarn so I can wear it during the day walking to work while it is still a little cool and then at work as protection from the dreaded vent, but won't be too hot. Then 2 more lacy shawls to go.

So today, work a bit, come home and load up several bags of books. Stop by the local used book store to see what they will take in trade. What they won't take, I'll give to the library for the next book sale. Then books will be out of my way.

After bookstore, then on to the Volunteer Appreciation function at a local pub which is one of our sponsors, Tir Na Nog. Free food, won't have to fix dinner. Drop Texter and a load of her clothes off at her dads and back home to bed to start the new week.

Comments

Popular Posts