Claude Monet and Me

A couple of years ago I was fortunate enough to visit an exhibit of  “Monet in Normandy” with a very good friend.  I was aware of Monet’s water lily paintings and of the Japanese bridge in his gardens, but that was about it.

One of the pictures which really took my breath away was “Early Morning on the Seine”.  It was very cool, misty greens and pictured trees hanging over the river.  At about 4x4 and I could have spent hours looking at it.  I would love a picture like this hanging in my bedroom.  It was so serene.

The other day I was looking at the pond from my balcony.  It was rainy, misty, grey and I realized I had a real life Monet painting at my doorstop.

R0013994R0013995

And then there is Monet’s version….

early morning at the seine

The original is much more green than this picture of the picture.

I can’t afford the picture painted by Monet.  But I sure can enjoy my own version of it.  

Comments

Popular Posts