Sometimes I’m Just Too Smart

One of my favorite ways to unwind is to go to Border’s Book Store (I will gladly accept gift cards there) and pick up a huge stack of magazines, order a white chocolate mocha or a strawberry cremekula and browse to my heart’s content.

On my last trip to Border’s (Mother’s Day) I picked up PCWorld Magazine because it had one of those “100 best freeware” lists.

I hit the jackpot! Found the answer to at least two burning questions….no, not burning questions, but a couple of things which I didn’t have an answer for.

My first…..on my ITouch….I do have a connection for going straight to YouTube. However, I have to have an internet connection, which most of the time I don’t. But, having no money, I can go to YouTube and get music videos of some songs, especially artists which are pretty unknown. Could not get YouTube videos downloaded into ITunes so I could get onto my player.

Solution: KickYouTube It is a couple of steps to go from YouTube to ITunes to ITouch, but it works and works well.

So now, I have Simon’s Cat Cartoons which are just too funny to watch if you have animals. I have downloaded some Govi, who is a German composer/artist who plays great instrumentals which have a real Spanish guitar, gypsy feel to them. I will eventually get his CD’s (hint, hint out there) because I love to turn them up and clean house.

And OD is a real YouTube buff and has found some things on there which crack me up. So I got her Emodio set to copy them over also.

The second smart thing off my list…..how to get “stuff” from the IPod/ITouch/an MP3 player to another one. Or at least on the computer.

Voila! Sharepod! As you can see, KickYouTube and Sharepod are both from PCWorld so I have a certain amount of trust in the sites they have listed.

But Texter has borrowed IPod’s from friend’s so she could listen to their songs. And since my computer just crashed a couple of weeks ago, I lost all the songs I had loaded on the computer. But they were on my ITouch. Using Sharepod I was able to move the songs from the MP3 player to the computer and from the computer I can move them to wherever I like. Genius!

The best part, they were both easy enough I could do it. Did have a little trouble with Emodio, but that lies in that program itself and I had to download some additional codec so it would convert from MP4 to SVI files.

Don’t I sound all computer-literate!

Anyway, music is now loaded back onto my computer, music has been pulled from a couple of other MP3 players. I’m having fun, it’s time to crank up Govi and clean!

Comments

Popular Posts