Book Wish List

Coming up with a book wish list for myself is like turning Elizabeth Taylor loose in a jewelry store.  I would need a truck to haul off everything I could come up with.  In fact, that’s been a fantasy of mine.  Remember the shows where they let contestants run through the store and get everything they could in a specific amount of time.  That’s mine – turned loose in a book store.  My problem would be where to start – romances, crafts, writing, science fiction.  Savvy would be rooting for the manga section.

So I came across this contest offered by Chronicle Books.  So this is my list.  The problem, keeping it under $500.00!

lacy crochet Kyuuto! Japanese Crafts Lacy Crochet – the Japanese have some really great craft books coming out from Japan.  Savvy loves all things Japanese.

paper marbling Paper Marbling Kit – I have always loved marbled paper and now I can make some for my own journaling use.

from seed From Seed to Skillet – part of my ‘better eating’ promise to myself.

garden anywhere Garden Anywhere- How to Grow Gorgeous Container Gardens, Herb Gardens, Kitchen Gardens and More – since I don’t have a ‘real’ yard so to speak, hopefully some good alternative ideas on container gardening.

easy orchids Easy Orchids- Simple Secrets for Glorious Gardens--Indoors and Out – I love my orchids and a chance to learn how to better care for them would be fantastic.

chicken and egg Chicken and Egg- A Memoir of Suburban Homesteading with 125 Recipes – I love stories about how other people ‘do it’.  Of course, I am sure this will make me want to have chickens again!

curious lists Curious Lists- A Creative Journal for List-Lovers – because I love journals and I love lists, so the two together should be fun.

1001 ways

 

 

 

 

 

 

1,001 Ways to Live in the Moment – I love the 1001 books and this one would surely be a delight to read.

1001 pearls 1,001 Pearls of Yoga Wisdom- Take Your Practice Beyond the Mat – Hopefully, besides being a visual delight, this will inspire my yoga life.

om yoga OM Yoga- A Guide to Daily Practice – This book has been on my wish list for awhile now, so I need it.

tartine bread Tartine Bread – I love bread. Crisp, crusty, crunchy bread.  And one day I will learn how to make it!

tea and crumpets Tea & Crumpets- Recipes and Rituals from Tearooms & Cafés – for Savvy and her friends.  And so I won't make tea that looks like coffee.

bitten Bitten- Dark Erotic Stories – need I say more?

x X- The Erotic Treasury – so I don’t have a live!

dracula Dracula's Heir- An Interactive Mystery Quirk Books – I have read a ton of other Quirk publications, I need to read this one.

And again for Savvy…… zombies  Zombies- A Record of the Year of Infection

She can’t get enough of her zombies.

where flavor Where Flavor Was Born- Recipes and Culinary Travels Along the Indian Ocean Spice Route – traveling and eating, what two things could be better together.

a year A Year in Japan- Princeton Architectural Press – yet another book which has been on my wishlist.

The remainder of the $500 would be rounded out by Moleskine journals – any size, shape, type and color.  A person can never have enough Moleskines around.  Besides, mine get ‘missing’ before I have a chance to use them for myself.

Now, all I have to do is be a winner and what a lovely Christmas present that would be.

Comments

  1. Interesting list of books!
    nicolesender@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, love your list. Good luck to the both of us!

    And thank you to Chronicle Books.

    jcamp2020 at aol dot com

    Did you see the video on Tartine Bread..we can do this!

    and you had me at Moleskines!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Not-So-Bebe-Girl Autumn and I are going to Japan next year for her graduation trip - she'd LOVE A Year in Japan .. and I keep thinking "I should have put Tartine Bread on MY list!" Good luck!

    knittingandsundries(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great list of books!

    jowanjowan73(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your choices! Good luck!

    cytljjb(at)gmail(d0t)com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovin' your list! Here's hoping for a win!

    Mollydedwards AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck!

    leahluna32@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. It means a lot.

Popular Posts