Saturday, July 06, 2013

Simply Solids are "Solid"

Like many quilters I know, I seem to get caught up in buying interesting prints and forget that to form a well rounded quilt, I do need some solids.  I was lucky enough to win 4 fat quarters from Simply Solids out of the UK.


The light in my sewing room isn't the best to show what lovely pastels these are.  Not really pastelly-pastels, but good solid solids!

After fondling them for a moment, I was trying to decide where I might use them or if they would have to wait for the 'right' project.  Then I had an 'ah-ha' moment!


They actually blend in quite well with fabrics for an owl quilt for Lady K.  I didn't have any solids in my fabric selections and these will give the quilt that necessary 'punch' to take it to the next level.

So thank you Simply Solids!

1 comment:

  1. Those will look really great with the prints you have chosen.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. It means a lot.