This is my set-up for the "Planners, Planning and Productivity" workshop I led yesterday. There were about 10 people there and no one left, fell asleep or threw things, so I am thinking it went over pretty well. Time for hands-out looking at the notebooks, journals, planners - new and used - to give everyone an idea of what is out there. Different sizes, styles, layouts...you name it.
Did find out something very interesting (and probably will lead to 'trouble' in the future). One of my managers at the library who attended the class...
- likes orchids - to the point she was involved with her local society back in Oklahoma (I try not to hold the Oklahoma against her) So now there is someone to abet me going to the meeting and buying orchids! I can talk orchids!
- Appreciates pens and how they write! As in she uh'ed and ah'ed over my InkJoy Gel pens. And we talked fountain pens. And she wants us to do calligraphy together. I'm Doomed!
So new adventures on the way!
Otherwise this past week...
- Attended a staff appreciate night at the Helena Brewers baseball game. Free food (but a tad cool). Lady K received a foul ball hit that evening.
- Passed on my viral infection to Texter (she's not thrilled with my sharing)
- built on 'something' for the library entrance for the Big Read (will be revealed later)
- Wrote 3 posts
- Finished 6 books (which you can do when in bed for 3 days)
- Walked 28,524 or 41% of my steps....so sad
Something interesting with the 'creation' I am working on for the library is I am working with someone who I never really interact with other than saying 'good morning' to as I come into work. It has been a lot of fun and I threw out a couple of ideas to her for NaNoWriMo and something next year I would like to do and she is very receptive. So will be getting with her after our building is over and plan some things out. She runs the bookmobile, so it's a totally different venue than a static building and programs. Should be fun.
So upcoming this week...
- Unload the boxes of planners, books and stuff from the workshop from the car and put the stuff away.
- Write letters to CL and penpal
- Go pick apples this afternoon (for pies and jelly and stuff!)
- Bring home guppies for empty fish tank from the overabundance at the library tank
- Attend Orchid Show this coming weekend
- Celebrate my birthday!
- Start on plans for NaNoWriMo and programs for 2017
- Knit - alot!
- catch up on my 30-day journal prompts
But most important - ATTEND LADY K'S SOCCER PRACTICES!
Yep, I get to watch a group of 3 and 4 year olds learn soccer for the next several Sunday afternoons. She is so excited. This should be very interesting.
So off to get another cup of coffee and put the cinnamon rolls in the oven to cook!