Tuesday Sundries - Forest Therapy

Getting a bit of 'forest therapy' is not impossible, but just a bit more difficult than it is in Helena. I can't walk 6 blocks up the street and be in the hills.

However, just up the road a tad from me is a tiny (and I mean tiny) historical park - McIntyre Historical Park. Apparently, this tiny park was the site of a Revoluntary War skirmish and in the 19th century, gold mining. Right now, it's just a tiny gravel park area, a picnic table and a short loop through the trees to walk.


But after taking Texter to work on Monday, Amani and I had a couple of laps to check out the park and get some steps in. 

I think at one time there might have been remains of the log cabin which was on the site, but which is no longer there.



But much, much closer to home - as in my kitchen, I have a bit of 'forest therapy' in the form of my plants. Walking back from the school bus stop this morning, I realized what a lovely grouping it is, sitting in my kitchen.


There is a coleus I am overwintering inside. My avocado 'tree' which made it from Montana to North Carolina and is hanging in there. I really need to repot it come spring. You can barely see the lemon tree on the left-hand side of the table and my amaryllis is sending up their flower spikes - hopefully in time for Christmas.

Get out and walk a bit today. Or stay inside and pet your plants. Get a bit of your own forest therapy.


Comments

Popular Posts