Week in Review - November 11 - 17

I've been feeling a bit 'undone' this week. It feels like every time I turn around I am 'doing' for someone else. Tuesday was spend running Texter for a job interview and sitting in court to provide moral support for a neighbor going through a bad patch with her partner.

Then Friday was occupied grocery shopping and running errands and then taking Lady K to meet up with her dad for the weekend. 

But even when I was 'left alone' I couldn't settle. 



Even Creme was a bit put out with my lack of 'focus' this week.

I am sssooooo far behind on my NaNoWriMo writing and the coming week is going to be FILLED with working at GameStop (Black Friday!) and Thanksgiving.

But all will come out just fine, I'm sure. Despite Mercury going retrograde, Texter has found a job and goes in for orientation next week and Savvy has a promotion at work. Things will right themselves in the end.

During my grocery shopping and errands, a trip to Costco I picked up, not one amaryllis, but three!


I'm calling them my Three Amigos. Of course, it will probably be a bit after Christmas before they actually bloom, but they should put on a good show.

Right now they are on the back of the kitchen table with 'Mike Meyer' the lemon tree...


...and the pot of coleus.


On Saturday, instead of being able to concentrate on work (or writing) I would dabble at work and made some cookies.


Salted Butterscotch Pudding Pretzel Cookies from Betty Crocker and the first in some 'new' recipes I am making over the holiday season. I was worried at first because there seemed to be such a 'little' amount of dough. But by the time you add in chocolate chips (I used regular and not mini), toffee bits, and crushed pretzels it makes up a good 7 or 8 dozen cookies. 

They aren't overly sweet cookies either. A really nice combination of salty and sweet. Some will be going home with Savvy and to GameStop to 'test' the recipe further.

I am torn this week and I know a lot of it has to do with dear old Mercury Retrograde, but I so want to get my 50,000 words in for NaNoWriMo. Mainly because I want to get the bones of this story out of my head. But I have 23.5 hours scheduled at GameStop and can do up to 26 hours on my at home work too. And Thanksgiving. 

So priorities! And it's money. I really, really want to get my ducks in a better row in order to seriously start thinking about buying a house in the near future. Which will take some love from the universe as I have nothing in savings! So $$$ are my first priority these days. 

That being said, most of my Christmas presents have been purchased already. I do have a Nintendo Switch to finish paying off and getting out of layaway, but that's basically it except for a couple of stocking stuffers.

I was looking forward to 2019 being a year of 'settling', however, Texter and Mr. Race Car are doing super well together and they have some 'maybe' plans in the works. I want to crank out 'work'.  But more on that later.

Otherwise this week...

  • Finished 2 books. I started book 13 of 14 books in the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson. It still leaves me with almost 80 hours of audio book listening. I don't think I'll finish the series by the end of the year.
  • Wrote 3 posts and am at 17,572 words for NaNoWriMo - lots to catch up on!

This coming week...

  • Cooking for Thanksgiving
  • Working at GameStop
  • Catching up on NaNoWriMo writing
  • Figuring out my schedule and Texter's work schedule with regard to Lady K

But for now, more coffee and a shower as I am meeting up with Savvy this morning!



Comments

Popular Posts