Tuesday Sundries - I'm the Original Grinch (fan)


Yes, it's that time of the year (already)!

Hallmark Channel has started all their Christmas-themed movies. Soon we will be overrun with all the holiday specials. And I have to say, I am a fan of the OLD shows, the main one being How the Grinch Stole Christmas. 

Who can resist Boris Karloff voicing the special? Especially reading Dr. Seuss!? And how many little dogs were named Max after this show first aired in 1966? 

I was 9 when it first came out and have probably watched it every year since then.

It made me start thinking about the holiday specials over the years and how it's really the older ones which have held on and delight us every year.

Like...

Charlie Brown's Christmas and the poor little tree

I could care less about Elf or the other Grinch movies (especially the Jim Carey one). I do have to say I don't watch Miracle on 34th Street or It's a Wonderful Life very often. It's THE GRINCH for me.

I went with Lady K on Sunday and watched the latest rendition of The Grinch.


Who can resist a coffee drinking Grinch? He wasn't quite as mean and nasty as the original animated show and the storyline was a bit longer and more involved with this movie, but it was OK. But not something I am going to crave viewing every holiday season.

However, I do need a Grinch coffee mug now. Maybe for Christmas?

Comments

Popular Posts