Week in Review - November 4 - 10


This is how I spent Saturday afternoon - at the movies with Lady K. We went to see The Nutcracker and the Four Realms. The story was so-so. Definitely not riveting. But the scenery and costumes were fantastic. And anything with Morgan Freeman and Helen Mirren in it can't be bad.

But I was focused on Richard E. Grant as Shiver. I first saw him in The Scarlet Pimpernel. He played such a wonderful combination of a fop and master spy. He's one of those actors who is in everything and you go 'I know him from somewhere'. 

The seats in our nearby theater are 'reserved' and recline. With heated seats! It was great for a little squirmy body as the movie was a bit over her head. However, she wants to watch the movie again so we will be getting it on DVD when it's released. Of course, the music is great.

Tuesday was spent in the Raleigh-Durham area as I took a friend in for medical tests. It was a chilly, drizzly day, but I got to spend some time with a good friend. And I dropped in for a quick visit at the AA Reservations Office. They have spruced it up and made some changes in the past 5.5 years. It was great to see some familiar faces, but not enough to make me regret the decision to retire when I did.

And speaking of work, I got my schedule for GameStop this week for Thanksgiving week, my first week of 'real' work. It should be interesting. All those years of working the holidays came back to me. So Thanksgiving dinner will be lunch as I have to go to work at 3 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day. Luckily, I am not a Black Friday shopper as I will also be working that madness. I can't wait!

Otherwise this week...
  •  I have 13,561 words toward my NaNoWriMo goal. A bit behind, but hopefully will catch up shortly.
  • Finished 2 books
  • Wrote 3 posts
  • Visited a CBD store in Charlotte and picked up some drops and salve to help with the pain in wrists and fingers.
  • Meal plan made for Thanksgiving so I have a grocery list for shopping next weekend
  • Purchased Christmas presents for Lady K, CJ, and Texter (from Lady K)
  • Traded in books for credit at 2nd and Charles.
  • Tex-Mex with Texter for lunch at La Fiesta Grande
  • Babysitting with Lady K over the weekend while Texter has self-time with Mr. Race Car (she's paying me back by devoting all day on the 12th while Lady K is out of school)


With the presents I purchased this week, I am basically through with Christmas purchases. Well, I do have to finish paying off a Nintendo Switch for a 'family' gift and maybe some 'fillers', but otherwise, I'm done.

This coming week...

  • The Grinch Who Stole Christmas at the movie theater with Lady K
  • Catching up on NaNoWriMo word count
  • Getting in hours on my at-home-work
  • Upping my step count to hit 5000 steps a day (so close last week)
  • Cards out to friends for Thanksgiving
  • Work out my 'schedule' of work, writing, needlework a bit more - why can't I do it all?

But for now, it's more coffee and a lot of writing before seeing the Grinch!

Comments

Popular Posts