Positive Focus Sunday - Little Things Mean More Than You Think



I told the story behind this wood on Facebook earlier in the week. The smaller pieces are from some work being done at my next door neighbor's house. What I wasn't expecting was the long piece. In fact, when I asked for the smaller pieces, I was told I couldn't have the long piece. Much to my surprise when I looked out the window, there was the longer piece! 

That piece will become a edge of the first row in the veggie garden by the house. Having an 'edge' on the row will allow me to build up the row with some compost and keep it from flowing downhill in the rain. 

But what I am most happy about is this...




Yes, it's a paper lunch bag. 

And inside, if you look at the picture, I have a whole bunch of red onion bulbs to plant out in my garden. They were given to me by my young co-worker, who also gardens. But that's not the part I am excited about.

It's the bag itself.

And why am I excited by a paper bag?

You see, Murphy is actually an extremely talented artist. Both Foxy and I have prints he gifted us with. Hers is a fox and mine is an owl. I have also hired him to create a logo for me for my new project (which will be unveiled soon). 

So, not only do I have more red onion bulbs than I actually need to plant, I have an 'original' Murphy McCully! 

Actually, with my new project(s), I have plans to hire Murphy to do more design work for me - like some prints for postcards, illustrations and notebooks. 

So...

Things don't have to be BIG to have a large impact on someone. A lot of times, it is the little things which have the most impact. 


NOTE:  If you are an Instagram user, please check out Murphy here...https://www.instagram.com/artbymurphymccully/


 

Comments

Popular Posts