Seedy Saturday - New Things and Bulbs Up

Yes, spring is coming!

'Elberta' peach is just to the brink of putting out leaves and blooms. It is so exciting. And the roses are starting to put out leaves also. 

Couple of things in the yard already are looking good. The 150 tulip bulbs I planted everywhere are coming up.




I have some pots of tulip bulbs, as well as, bulbs in the ground. The tulips are early, mid and late season tulips, so I should have blooms for a longer period of time.

But a wonderful surprise is the little hydrangea.




It might be a bit hard to see, but she is getting ready to send out leaves! And I figured she had bitten the dust during the summer last year. I actually thought I was going to have to pull her out and plant something else. So this is exciting.




My first blooms in the 'bulb bed' are getting ready to open. More things are slowly emerging and it should look fairly nice in the next couple of weeks.




These are the Nectaroscordum bulbs I planted. There should be a few more coming along. But this is the first time I have grown these, so it could be interesting. The problem is they came in a bag with some peonies. And I don't remember where, or if, I planted out the peonies. Hmmmmm....

And just because I happened to stop by Tractor Supply looking for a bare root pear tree, which they didn't have, I brought home these...






I plan to put them in containers and have them along the sidewalk up to the front gate. My raspberries in the back are still sitting there. I am hoping my pruning job didn't kill them. So far, they are just sitting there. Along with the blackberry bushes. Fingers crossed they are getting ready to do something other than look like bare stumps.

My asparagus is shooting up. Unfortunately, this is the second season the crowns are in the ground, so no harvesting. But at the last count, I have 6 viable crowns growing. I am hoping a couple more pop up, as I think I originally planted about 11. If not, I need to get more crowns shortly to fill in the gap in the middle. 

But things are doing well. 

I have seed potatoes to put in containers also. And am getting other things ready in the garden. I do need to work on the walkway, but at this point I feel getting a fence set up around the veggie garden is a higher priority. 

However, today it's off to South Carolina to watch Lady K in an archery tournament. 










Comments

Popular Posts