Seedy Saturday - Playing with Seedlings and More Seeds Sown



First, thank goodness Raven is a tiny cat. Because for some reason, sitting on the mini-greenhouse has become a 'thing'. 

But yesterday was spent repotting some of the dahlia seedlings and a few other seedlings. There will be more done over the weekend, like a couple of peppers and the anise. Of course, in potting up the seedlings, I had to move houseplants off their shelves and set up a new set of lights. 




I still have the upper shelf to put a light and seedlings. However, I think I want to see about installing lights in the porch greenhouse. My only concern with the outside greenhouse is the nights are still dropping into the 30's. But I may give it a try. I may also go ahead and sown some seeds and give it a try. 

Anyway...




I sowed some peppers and mainly tomatoes on Friday. There are still some open slots to add more seeds and will probably sow some basil soon. 

This weekend I will also try to get in my potatoes into grow bags. And do some winter sowing in milk cartons of lettuce, spinach and kale. 

Tulips are starting to show their little leaf tips. The fruit trees have swollen buds, so leaving out can't be far behind. On my Elberta peach, I did prune the main branch at 7 feet. There are plenty of lateral branches to bear fruit and I don't want the tree so tall I can't reach the fruit. Other fruit trees still need a bit more growth. 

Spring is just around the corner and I'm excited!





 

Comments

Popular Posts