New Year, new fossils


Watching the Early Show on CBS this morning and their retrospect over the decades and decided to start off the new year with something "old".

Or rather it is old in my mind. On my walk to/from work there is a whole long stretch of the sidewalk which is "fossilized". I guess I had made the walk dozens of times before I ever noticed them and then I started looking for them as I walked along. There, set in the concrete, are modern fossils.



All along this stretch of sidewalk are all kinds of leaves, making modern day fossils. The sad part is I know in a few years they will be gone as the sidewalk is torn up, redone, remade.

It did make me start looking at my footsteps more and found some other fossils.

So sometimes instead of looking ahead it is better to look down.






Comments

Popular Posts