Winter of our Discontent Mandala


This one is a little different.  I wanted something that would highlight the cold and starkness that winter can bring, especially since most of the country is caught up in the 'cold wave'. This was a picture I had taken back in North Carolina of a gum-ball hanging by itself against the winter sky.  It looked so cold and alone.

Sub-zero temperatures are a stranger to me.  Walking outside and having your breath taken away because it is so piercingly cold makes you want to huddle inside, despite the sunshine.  It makes me very grateful for the luxury of having a warm place to be during this cold snap.  However, since it is coming at the end of the year, I feel an immense need to look forward to 2014 and 'plan' what I would like to accomplish in the coming year...thus my 'winter of discontent'. 

Comments

Popular Posts